- Cyber Defense
XOR Security is currently seeking several Forensic SME to support an Agency-level SOC. The SOC program provides comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through 24×7×365 monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise.
To ensure the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must along with the ability to work shift.
***Regular days - Non shift work
The Digital Media/Computer Forensic SME will perform the following:
- Utilize state of the art forensics tools(FTK/Encase,etc) to perform computer, mobile phone forensics and memory analysis (volatility, rekall) in support of incident response.
- Conduct reverse engineering of suspicious files utilizing dynamic, automated and static analysis
- Properly preserve evidence, maintain chain of custody and write malware analysis or forensic reports.
- Recognize attacker and APT activity, tactics, and procedures as indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be used to improve monitoring, analysis and incident response.
- Install, secure, maintain and recommend forensic software and hardware within a Forensic Lab environment while following established configuration management processes.
- Develop and build security content, scripts, tools, or methods to enhance forensic processes.
- Effectively investigate and identify root cause findings then communicate findings to stakeholders including technical staff, and leadership.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- Strong problem solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning under pressure
- Ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Candidates shall have a minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience performing digital media forensic analysis with tools such encase, ftk or cellebrite
- Professional experience in the following areas:
Forensics on Windows, Linux and Mac
Mobile Device Forensics
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering Field, IT, or Cybersecurity
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and a SECRET CLEARANCE.