- Cyber Defense
- Merrifield, Virginia, United States
XOR Security is currently seeking a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Analyst/Insider Threat to support a large commercial financial entity Cyber Security Operation Center (CSOC).
The selected candidate will work as part of a team within the Cyber Security Operations Center and focus on performing triage and review of the enterprise Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions. The successful candidate is further responsible for escalating positive results to an investigations team, identifying trends in DLP data, providing tuning and alert creation recommendations and helping reduce false positives. The result of these efforts will help improve the deployment of DLP and processes around its use.
Operates host and network data loss prevention technologies
- Performs daily triage against DLP alerts
- Escalates positive data loss incidents to the investigations team
- Takes an active part in the resolution of events, even after they are escalated
- Maintains and provides improvements to DLP processes and procedures
- Recommends DLP configuration changes, including testing and validation
- Recommends improvements or additions to DLP requirements and use cases
- Conducts analysis of and provides metrics regarding DLP trends, anomalies, etc.
- Supports CSOC data security and policy enforcement initiatives
- Optimizes analyst processes across various DLP technologies
- Conducts security research on threats and remediation methods
- Interpret corporate policies to identify activity which does not follow policy, or does not meet required controls
- Associate degree or equivalent technology course in Computer Science or Cybersecurity related discipline
- 4+ years of experience in information security
- 2+ years of experience with data loss prevention technologies
- Basic understanding of configuration change management and project management processes
- Strong attention to detail, follow-up and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to show discretion and poise in all situations
- Ability to treat sensitive/confidential information appropriately
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Must possess personal tact, discretion and good judgment. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Insider threat program experience
- Incident response experience
- Security certifications (CEH, Security +, CISSP, etc)
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.