Department: Cyber Defense
Offices: Alexandria, Virginia, United States
XOR Security is actively seeking a Cyber Hunt Subject Matter Expert (SME) to enable our operational counterparts advanced analytics support to promote the rapid analysis of national level cyber threats and incidents. The hours for the position are Monday through Friday core hours but the ideal candidate will provide technical support on-call to a 24x7 cyber program in the areas of cyber threat intelligence, cyber hunt, and incident response.
Corporate duties such as solution/proposal development, corporate culture development, mentoring employees, supporting recruiting efforts, will also be required. The program is currently operating remotely but will be performed onsite in Alexandria, VA when directed to do so by the customer.
Position is contingent on successfully completing a program-based background investigation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Active Top Secret Clearance, with SCI eligibility.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience with a solid understanding of security monitoring, incident response, insider threat investigations, forensics, cyber threats, or penetration testing.
- Demonstrated ability to use various data sets within a SIEM and/or log management environment to search for and identify threat activity within a complex network environment.
- The candidate must possess a strong cyber security background with experience in: host-based and network-based forensics related to the identification of advanced cyber threat activities, intrusion detection, incident response, malware analysis, security content development (e.g., signatures, rules etc.), and cyber threat intelligence.
- Must have experience in conducting cyber threat analysis, identifying mitigation and remediation courses of action; developing actionable intelligence used to protect organizational IT assets; and trending cyber threat metrics for leadership situational awareness.
- Must have experience in maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the cyber threat landscape, including identifying and analyzing cyber threats actors and activities to enhance cybersecurity posture of the organization’s IT operating environment.
- Ability and experience extracting and managing complex large data sets.
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
- Demonstrated understanding of incident response, insider threat investigations, forensics, cyber threats and information security.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including paid health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation - Applicants must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP and AGENCY CLEARANCE REQUIRED.