Department: Cyber Defense
Offices: Chantilly, Virginia, United States
XOR Security is currently seeking talented Android Developer to support one of our clients.
Responsibilities for Android: -
- Develop Android client code solutions that deliver on Product Strategy and adhere to established engineering best practices, design guidelines and principles
- Partner with Software Engineers, UX/UI, Quality Engineers, Product Owners/Analysts to deliver high performing quality customer experiences that are engaging, purposeful and powerful in their simplicity
- Actively participate in all team agile ceremonies, contributing to ensure that all team commitments are delivered on time and of the highest quality
- Be an active advocate of the mobile platform through both internal and external developer communities
- Remain an active learner in all technologies related to mobile development (Kotlin, Open Source libraries, etc.)
- Influence and contribute to group discussions and incorporate feedback/communication from the broader team
- Actively engage with developers outside of the local sprint team across various disciplines (Android, APIs, Web, etc.)
- Own and lead delivery of major components and platform needs in partnership with Senior Engineers and Architects
- Consistently share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams
- Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with the team to find creative solutions
- Review pull requests and ensure adherence to Kotlin and other language idioms
- Bachelor’s Degree
- TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
- Professional software engineering experience
- Experience building Android applications, and strong UI design principles, patterns and best practices
- Hands on experience developing android apps in Java and open source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Experience with Kotlin including Kotlin DSL
- Experience working in an Agile SDLC
- Experience with Git, Atlassian software (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with APIs to connect Android Apps to back-end services
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in web frameworks (React, Angular, Spring)
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with iOS development
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and TOP SECRET clearance.